Start Up With Seven Dials
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have your own store in the heart of London’s West End? Seven Dials is offering UK’s exciting up-and-coming brands just that with the chance to win a limited time stay within one of its iconic streets.
Terms and Conditions
- Successful applicants will, subject to certain conditions being met, be offered a shop unit to include a collection of pre-fitted furniture for use (the Unit).
- The Unit provided will be categorised as a Class E premises for the purposes of The Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2020.
- The Promoter will cover the cost of all rent for the pre-determined period that the successful applicant occupies the Unit. The Promoter will also cover business rates, service charge and utilities associated with operating the Unit.
- Successful applicants will be entitled to a bespoke brand logo design (with one round of amendments) paid for by the Promoter.
- Successful applicants will benefit from such PR and marketing support as the Promoter deems appropriate and which may include representation on the Seven Dials website and social media accounts.
- Up to 4 applicants will be awarded this prize in a location to be designated by the Promoter on one of the streets of Seven Dials. The exact location of the Unit is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, except employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, the Promoter’s advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the competition.
- Applicants must be able to travel and work within the UK.
- Applicants should only apply if they are ready to commit to an agreed term of two to four weeks to take place between October and December 2020, keep a retail shop open and trading for that period and have sufficient stock to open the retail shop as soon possible at the start of the licence period. The successful applicant will be responsible for staffing the shop [and provide any additional trade fixtures and fittings as have been first approved by us].
- Successful applicants must be able to trade for a minimum of 6 days a week, with minimum core hours of 10am to 5pm.
- Applicants must not already operate a business from a shop premises within the UK that is open to the public.
- The competition is free to enter and no fee is necessary.
- All applicants must submit a valid entry form to be entered into the competition. This form must be submitted by the closing date and time of Monday 12th October 2020 11:59pm (the Closing Date).
- Any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted or entered into the competition.
- No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all relevant instructions.
- Applications are restricted to one application per person.
- By entering the competition, the applicants confirm that they agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any other requirements set out in the promotional material relating to this prize draw. All applicants understand that if they are successful, they will be required to enter into a licence agreement for the Unit should they wish to accept the prize.
- Applicants also acknowledge that if successful, they will be required to maintain a contents insurance policy and a public liability insurance policy in relation to operating the Unit.
- Successful applicants may be required to participate in publicity relating to the competition.
Determining the successful applicants
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of industry expert judges.
- The panel will advise on successful applicants based on identifying applications that are:
- appropriate for the Unit’s location;
- of suitable quality;
- complimentary to the existing tenant mix in the area; and
- from applicants who are able to demonstrate their business history since the global pandemic known as COVID-19 (being from the start of March 2020).
- The decision of the Promoter will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the competition, except with the successful applicants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these terms and conditions. Spammers will be disqualified.
Notification of successful applicants
- Successful applicants will be notified by email within ten (10) working days after the Closing Date. Winners have five (5) working days to respond in full to the email. If the prize remains unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to an alternative applicant from the remaining applications in the competition.
- The Promoter for the purposes of this competition is Shaftesbury Covent Garden Limited of 22 Ganton Street, Carnaby, London W1F 7FD.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter or its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any successful applicant or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Promoter will not accept any responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged applications. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- Whilst the Promoter will take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of all information and printed matter concerning the competition, they cannot accept liability for any inaccuracies or changes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or suspend the competition or amend the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- These terms and conditions and any competition arising out of them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.